- 1 small orange
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 5 semi-dried cherry tomatoes
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes
- Pinch of sea salt
- Dash of white wine vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp flaked almonds
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- Peel the orange and break into segments, removing any seeds and as much pith as possible. Chop the segments into small pieces and place in a bowl with any juice.
- Halve the avocado, then remove the stone and peel off the skin. Roughly chop the flesh, then add it to the orange along with the semi-dried tomatoes, chilli flakes and salt. Stir roughly to combine, then cover and set aside.
- Poach the eggs. Bring a saucepan of water to a gentle simmer and add the vinegar. Break an egg into a teacup or ramekin, then whisk the water to create a gentle whirlpool, and tip the egg into the centre of it. Leave to cook for 3 minutes, or until the egg floats to the top and the white is cooked but the yolk still soft. Lift the egg out with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Keep warm while you cook the remaining egg in the same way.
- Meanwhile, toast the almonds in a small, dry frying pan over a medium heat for a few minutes, until golden brown, shaking the pan regularly to prevent burning. Set aside. In the meantime, toast the bread on both sides and then place on a serving plate.
- Divide the avocado mixture between the two slices of toast. Place a poached egg on each slice, scatter with the toasted almonds and serve.
Looking to learn new cookery skills? Gordon Ramsay dining experiences cover everything from chef masterclasses to exclusive tasting menus in London. Discover our full collection of Gifts & Experiences online.