- 1 small orange
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 5 semi-dried cherry tomatoes
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes
- Pinch of sea salt
- Dash of white wine vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp flaked almonds
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- Peel the orange and break into segments, removing any seeds and as much pith as possible. Chop the segments into small pieces and place in a bowl with any juice.
- Halve the avocado, then remove the stone and peel off the skin. Roughly chop the flesh, then add it to the orange along with the semi-dried tomatoes, chilli flakes and salt. Stir roughly to combine, then cover and set aside.
- Poach the eggs. Bring a saucepan of water to a gentle simmer and add the vinegar. Break an egg into a teacup or ramekin, then whisk the water to create a gentle whirlpool, and tip the egg into the centre of it. Leave to cook for 3 minutes, or until the egg floats to the top and the white is cooked but the yolk still soft. Lift the egg out with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Keep warm while you cook the remaining egg in the same way.
- Meanwhile, toast the almonds in a small, dry frying pan over a medium heat for a few minutes, until golden brown, shaking the pan regularly to prevent burning. Set aside. In the meantime, toast the bread on both sides and then place on a serving plate.
- Divide the avocado mixture between the two slices of toast. Place a poached egg on each slice, scatter with the toasted almonds and serve.