- 200g minced short rib
- 400g minced chuck
- 200g minced brisket
- 80g minced fat
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 8 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 burger buns
- Lettuce, tomato, gherkins, coleslaw
- Mix the different minced cuts of beef together with your hands, adding the fat a little at a time making sure you do not overmix it.
- Divide the mixture into 4 and roll each portion into a ball. Press the balls down gently with your hands to form 4 patties.
- Leave the burgers at room temperature for about 10 minutes before cooking them.
- Season the burgers on both sides with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Pan fry in hot vegetable oil or barbecue for 2 minutes on each side for medium or 5 minutes for well done.
- Place two slices of Monterey Jack cheese on top of each burger and put under a hot grill to melt.
- Slice the buns in half and toast them lightly under the grill before placing the burgers on the bases. Top with lettuce, tomato, gherkins and coleslaw before placing the lids on top.
- Serve immediately.
- TIP: The secret to our burger is the combination of different cuts of beef and the minced beef running through the mix. Ask your butcher to mince them for you or invest in a mincer for a lifetime of great burgers! Be creative when it comes to garnishing your burger – try coleslaw, slices of beetroot, remoulade or avocado.
Sharpen your knife skills with a Chef’s Masterclass at Gordon Ramsay Restaurants in London – the perfect gift for family, friends or yourself! Discover our full collection of Gifts & Experiences online.