For the coffee rub:
- Lightly roast the peppercorns, coriander seeds and fennel seeds in a dry pan until the spices release their aroma.
- Once cooled, place the toasted seeds and peppercorn in a coffee grinder and blitz together with the moscavado sugar, caster sugar, garlic powder, salt, smoked paprika, cayenne, coffee and ground ginger.
For the brisket:
- Prepare the barbecue cooker for smoking.
- Coat the brisket all over with the coffee rub and place on the egg. Smoke until the core temperature reaches 86-88 degrees celsius.
- Wrap in peach paper and allow to rest.
For the burnt ends:
- Cut the brisket into 1-2cm cubes, heat a flame proof pan that will fit inside the BBQ cooker, add the diced brisket and place in the cooker for 10 mins stirring occasionally, until evenly browned.
- Add bbq sauce and red wine jus and cook for a further 10-15mins.