- 200g white bread loaf
- 2 courgettes
- 1 chilli
- 50g sheep ricotta
- 10g white wine vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan 160°C, gas mark 4).
- Slice the white bread and cut the slices into halves or quarters depending on the shape of the loaf. Spread the bread out in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast it in the oven until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the courgettes and roast them in the oven for about 3 mins.
- Remove the toasted bread when done. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the thinly sliced fresh chilli and the vinegar to the warm courgettes.
- On each piece of toast, place a spoonful of ricotta and a spoonful of the dressed courgettes, then serve at room temperature.
Discover more of Italy's finest ingredients and cosy up at Union Street Café with delicious Italian dishes this season.