- 100g plain flour
- 15g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 300g milk
- 100g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 150g yuzu juice
- 20g yuzu zest (or lemon)
- 100ml sake
To prepare the crêpe:
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and eggs.
- Gradually add in the milk and 15g of sugar.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over a medium heat, and pour a thin layer of batter into the middle.
- Tilt the pan in a circular motion, ensuring the batter evenly coats the surface.
- Cook for 2 minutes, before carefully turning and finishing on the other side.
To prepare the Yuzette sauce:
- Add the remaining 100g of sugar into a saucepan with the butter.
- Heat on a medium heat, stirring occasionally until the mix has caramelised.
- Add the yuzu juice, sake and zest.
- Boil the mixture together until it resembles a syrup in consistency.
- Pour over your crêpes and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Try this delicious pancake for yourself at maze this Pancake Day, 13 February.