For the salad:
- Baby carrots, blanched
- Cherry tomatoes, blanched
- Wild asparagus, washed and picked
- Beetroot, thinly sliced
- Watercress, washed and picked
- Iceberg lettuce, washed and cut
- Baby gem, washed and picked
- Butter leaves, washed and picked
- Bulls blood lettuce, washed and picked
- Cucumber, thinly sliced
- Rainbow radishes, thinly sliced
- Peas and broad beans, blanched
- Soft boiled eggs
- Spring onions, thinly chopped
- Parsley and celery leaves
- Carrot leaves
- Courgette, thinly sliced
- Celery sticks, thinly sliced
- Apple, thinly sliced
- 15g of sugar
- 10g of salt
- One pinch of white pepper
- 20g of Dijon mustard
- 1tbsp of white wine vinegar
- A few drops of walnut oil
- 30g of olive oil
- 300ml of double cream
- 60ml of white wine vinegar
- 240ml of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
Garden salad salt:
- Combine sea salt flakes, lemon and lime zest together
In a large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients together, keeping the soft boiled eggs to the side.
Make the salad cream. First combine salt, sugar, Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar and white pepper in a bowl.
Slowly whisk in double cream to the salad cream mixture, followed by the olive and walnut oils, again whisking slowly. Once combined, check seasoning and whisk further to the right consistency - so the mixture slightly thickens.
Pour the salad cream over the salad, tossing the leaves and tomatoes in the mixture so that they are evenly coated.
Make the classic vinaigrette by combining the ingredients in a bowl and whisking.
Place the salad into a large bowl for serving.
Slice the hard boiled eggs in half and add on top of the salad.
Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad.
Finally, garnish the dish with thinly sliced apple and season with garden salad salt.