Lemon Sole with Fresh Peas
- 25g unsalted butter
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 55g fresh peas
- 4 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable stock (or water)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 whole lemon sole on the bone (approx. 250g), skin removed
- Plain flour for dusting
- 1 tbsp toasted bread crumbs mixed with a little lemon zest and dry chili
- Put the butter, spring onions, peas, basil, vegetable stock (or water) and a little olive oil into a saucepan and season with salt. Cover with a lid and cook for 2½ minutes over a medium heat.
- In the meantime, dust the fish with a light coating of flour and season with salt.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan then cook the fish for 3 minutes on each side.
- Place the sole on a plate and cover with the peas and onions and sprinkle with the toasted bread crumbs. Serve with a dollop of fresh pesto and a wedge of lemon on the side.