- 110g black cod fillet, sliced
- 100ml sake
- 100ml sugar
- 100ml sweet white miso
- 50ml mirin (sweet cooking sake)
- 5g yuzu zest
For the glaze:
- 50ml japanese bbq sauce
- 10ml sesame oil
- 10ml soy sauce
- 5g butter
For the garnish:
- Lime wedge seasoned with togarashi spice (Japanese 7 spice mix)
- In a mixing bowl, mix together all the marinade ingredients.
- Submerge the slices of black cod in the marinade, cover, and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- The following day, place all the liquid glaze ingredients in a sauce pan and heat on medium until reduced by approximately half.
- Add butter to glaze and set aside.
- Place marinated cod slices on baking tray covered in baking paper.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°c.
- Bake for 9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and glaze with prepared Japanese bbq glaze.
- Place back in the oven for 1 min to allow the glaze to caramelize.
- Serve with green papaya salad and lime wedge seasoned with togarashi spice.