- 300g speck, thinly spiced
- 2 pork tenderloins
- 10 sage leaves
- 5 aubergines
- 200ml reduced veal stock
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- A pinch of coffee powder
- 6g garlic oil
- 70g pickled red onions
- 1 bunch of chives, chopped
- 100g dried ricotta
- Knob of butter
For the aubergine
- Preheat an oven to 250°C.
- Place the aubergine on an oven rack and cook in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until they are charred on the outside.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool. Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C. Scrape the flesh out of the skin, chop roughly and season. Season the aubergine flesh with garlic oil, a pinch of coffee powder (to give a smoky flavor), salt and pepper, and chopped chives.
For the pork tenderloin
- Wrap the pork tenderloin in sage leaves and speck. Place the pork in the fridge and chill for 10 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with a splash of extra virgin olive oil.
- Sear the pork for 5 minutes. Take off the heat and add a knob of butter.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and rest on a tray for 10 minutes.
- Carve the meat in thick slices and serve on a long plate with scoops of the aubergine.
- Dress with the dried tomato, picked onion and spoon over hot veal stock.
- Finish off with shavings of dried ricotta.
All about family and friends, join us at Union Street Cafe for more immersive dining experiences.