- 500g spaghetti
- 20g capers
- 50g anchovies in olive oil
- 250g Datterini or cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 200g Bull’s Heart or plum tomatoes, diced
- 150g extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 50g stoned black olives
- 4 basil leaves, chopped plus extra for garnishing
- Dry ricotta, feta or Parmesan
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water for 11 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, crush the capers with the anchovies to create a chunky paste.
- Crush the tomatoes by hand to release the juices and mix with the anchovies and capers, olive oil, garlic, olives and chopped basil as well as 2 tbsp of the pasta cooking water.
- Drain the spaghetti and mix with the sauce then sprinkle with a cheese of your choosing and dress with basil leaves.