Makes: 10-12 (make sure you invite all your friends round for brunch!)
- 90g flour
- 1.5tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 500g frozen sweetcorn kernels
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 20g chopped coriander
- 10g diced green chilli
- Butter for frying
Charred red pepper relish
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 30 cherry tomatoes
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 20ml lemon juice
- 10g chopped coriander
- Spoonful of crème fraiche to serve
- First, make the charred red pepper relish. Thinly slice the red onion and sweat with oil.
- Take the seeds out of the pepper and chargrill until it has a good colour.
- Scorch the cherry tomatoes until cooked and dice the pepper.
- Add the pepper and cherry tomatoes to the onions and cook down to a chutney. Set aside for dressing.
- Make the avocado topping. Peel and roughly chop the avocados.
- Smash the avocado with the lemon juice and season so it is like a rough puree, or guacamole. Mix the coriander through and set aside.
- Next make the fritter. Combine all of the fritter ingredients together and place in a hot frying pan with a knob of butter. When the bottom side turns golden brown, flip over and finish cooking on the other side.
- Turn the fritter out onto a plate and garnish with the red pepper relish, smashed avocado and a spoonful of crème fraiche.