- 1kg tomahawk steak
- Vegetable oil
- 120g désirée potatoes
- 55g brie, chopped into chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 5g fresh black truffle
- 10g truffle butter
- Splash of milk
- 1tbsp English mustard
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Preheat a large frying pan on the hob. Oil and season the steak.
- Sear the steak on the hob until golden.
- Transfer onto a baking tray and cook for 24 minutes. Turn over after 12 minutes.
- Rest the steak for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the mash potato. Peel and chop the potatoes. Boil for 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Drain and pass through a ricer or mash until smooth. Beat in the brie and truffle butter. Add a splash of milk. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve the rested steak on your favorite sharing plate with a good twist of black pepper & a spoon of English Mustard.