Triathletes are being offered a unique opportunity to take part in the sold-out IRONMAN® 70.3® in Staffordshire and compete in Gordon and Tana Ramsay’s team, the GTR100. IRONMAN® 70.3® sold out in just one day but the Gordon and Tana Ramsay Foundation have 100 exclusive places up for grabs.
The classic event will see competitors taking on a 1.2 mile open-water swim, 56 mile bike ride and 13.1 mile run in the beautiful setting of the historic Shugborough Country Estate on 12 June 2016.
Members of the GTR100 team will receive a world-class package, including:
- Limited edition GTR100-branded training kit, including a HUUB top of the range Archimedes and Atana wetsuits
- Training days with elite athletes
- Musculoskeletal screening with Team GB Athletics physiotherapists
- Full hospitality from Gordon Ramsay’s critically acclaimed team at the post-race reception
- A host of further benefits, including over £1000 of kit, access to expert training plans and discounts at leading sport retailers
Participants need to commit to raising at least £2,500 for the Gordon and Tana Ramsay Foundation. The Gordon and Tana Ramsay Foundation recently launched a new partnership with Great Ormond Street Hospital, one of the world’s leading children’s hospitals. Funds raised by the Foundation will go to Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity and will help the hospital to provide world-class care for young patients and their families.
Alison Rulton, a spokesperson from Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity said: “The 2016 IRONMAN® 70.3® in Staffordshire sold out in hours, so we’re really excited that The Gordon and Tana Ramsay Foundation are offering triathletes the opportunity to take on this classic challenge. Everyone who joins the GTR100 team will be helping to make a real difference for children at Great Ormond Street Hospital.”
To secure one of the limited places on the GTR100 register today at gosh.org/GTR100.