- Cook the onions in a pan, add the mushrooms and the thyme and the red wine sauce in this order.
- Cool down before adding to chicken mousse, and then add fresh chopped tarragon, splash truffle oil.
- Cook in a pan, with a little oil.
- Blend chicken with a little salt, in a machine until a purée.
- Add a little (100g) cream and blend. Take out of the machine and fold the rest of the cream in.
- Use the mousse to bind the mushrooms.
- Pre-heat the oven 220C.
- First season the beef with salt and pepper and, sear the fillet quickly, in a hot pan.
- Leave to cool, and brush the outside with English mustard all over.
- Lay the pancakes and spread a thin layer of chicken mousse on top, place the fillet inside the pancake, and roll. Wrap the whole thing in cling film and set in the fridge for a few hours.
- Lay out a sheet of puff pastry, brush with egg wash, and place the fillet of beef (wrapped in pancakes) inside that. Wrap the puff pastry around and took underneath.
- Egg wash on the outside and set in the fridge.
- Egg wash one more time, and then cook for about 23 minutes, golden crispy pastry.
- Probe temp of meat 28 C.
- Once cooked, leave to rest for 20 minutes- then serve perfect Medium rare.
Looking to learn new cookery skills? Gordon Ramsay dining experiences cover everything from chef masterclasses to exclusive tasting menus in London. Discover our full collection of festive Gifts & Experiences online.