- Cook the onions in a pan, add the mushrooms and the thyme and the red wine sauce in this order.
- Cool down before adding to chicken mousse, and then add fresh chopped tarragon, splash truffle oil.
- Cook in a pan, with a little oil.
- Blend chicken with a little salt, in a machine until a purée.
- Add a little (100g) cream and blend. Take out of the machine and fold the rest of the cream in.
- Use the mousse to bind the mushrooms.
- Pre-heat the oven 220C.
- First season the beef with salt and pepper and, sear the fillet quickly, in a hot pan.
- Leave to cool, and brush the outside with English mustard all over.
- Lay the pancakes and spread a thin layer of chicken mousse on top, place the fillet inside the pancake, and roll. Wrap the whole thing in cling film and set in the fridge for a few hours.
- Lay out a sheet of puff pastry, brush with egg wash, and place the fillet of beef (wrapped in pancakes) inside that. Wrap the puff pastry around and took underneath.
- Egg wash on the outside and set in the fridge.
- Egg wash one more time, and then cook for about 23 minutes, golden crispy pastry.
- Probe temp of meat 28 C.
- Once cooked, leave to rest for 20 minutes- then serve perfect Medium rare.