For the roasted aubergine
- Pre-heat the oven to 240 degrees Celsius.
- Whilst the oven is pre-heating, chop all the herbs and mix in with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Pierce the aubergine with a folk and place onto a baking tray and into the oven.
- Cook in the oven for 20 mins, rotating the aubergine every 5 minutes so it is charred all over.
- Once charred all over, remove from the oven, place into a bowl.
- Cover the bowl with clingfilm, keeping the heat in the bowl will allow the aubergine to heat itself.
- After 20 minutes, remove cautiously from the bowl (It may still be hot) and cut into chunks.
- Mix the chunks in with the herbs & olive oil, and add a pinch of salt and pepper and allow to cool.
For the pesto
- Pick all the herbs and remove chunky stalks.
- Add all ingredients except the salt and pepper into a food processor, and blitz until a consistent paste is reached.
- Season with salt to taste.
For the pizza
- Take one dough ball and place onto a hard surface that’s been dusted with flour and semolina. Push down on the dough with your hands and stretch out into an even round flat shape.
- Place your pizza base onto a pizza baking tray 10-12 inches.
- Spread the tomato sauce and spread 100g of your aubergine chunks over evenly
- Place pizza into the oven at 220 degrees Celsius for 8-12 minutes, until crust is golden
- sprinkle over toasted pine nuts and drizzle 20g of your pesto over evenly
- Brush crust with olive oil and enjoy!