Makes 4 servings
For the courgette pesto:
- Blanch in boiling water for 30 seconds, remove with a slotted spoon and add to iced water to refresh.
- Add the spinach to the same boiling water and blanch for 10 seconds then add to iced water too.
- Repeat the process with the basil, also blanching for 10 seconds and adding to the iced water.
- In a frying pan, lightly toast the pine nuts until golden, remove and allow to cool.
- Squeeze out the excess water from all the blanched vegetables. Place into a blender and add chopped garlic and half of the olive oil.
- Blitz until smooth then slowly add remaining olive oil.
- Once combined, add the sherry vinegar, grated parmesan and pine nuts to the mixture and pulse.
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste. The pesto should be reasonably thick and light green in colour.
For the pasta:
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through but also al dente.
- Heat a frying pan and add 15ml olive oil, the chopped garlic, the halved cherry tomatoes and green beans. Season with salt and pepper and sauté until the tomatoes start to soften.
- Strain the pasta and add to the pan along with 3 tablespoons of the courgette pesto.
- Gently mix together in the pan, add a handful of rocket and toss through.
- Serve in a pasta bowl and garnish with a scattering of toasted pine nuts and shavings of Pecorino cheese.