- Grate the dark chocolate using the fine side of your grater, being careful not to grate your fingers at the same time.
- Put the apricots, avocado flesh, cherries, natural yoghurt, almonds, dates, honey and vanilla (if using) into the food processor. Add the grated chocolate and blend until the mixture comes together. (If your mix is a little too wet, add a handful of ground almonds and blend again.)
- Carefully remove the blade from the food processor, and then, with clean hands, roll the mix into 8 to 12 balls and put them on to a clean plate or tray.
- Spread the coconut on to a large plate and roll each ball in the coconut.
- Keep the balls in the fridge until you are ready to eat them as this will firm them up.
- These energy balls are really easy to make and don't even need any cooking. I keep some in the fridge for when I need a quick boost of energy. Power up!
Extracted from Matilda & The Ramsay Bunch: Tilly’s Kitchen Takeover by Tilly Ramsay
Published by Hodder & Stoughton on 4th May 2017
Pictures ©Jemma Watts