- Place all of the pesto ingredients into a blender and pulse for 45 seconds. Set aside whilst you cook the mussels.
- Place the oil, garlic and chilli into the pan and allow to sweat briefly before adding the mussels. Add the white wine and parsley and cover with a lid.
- Cook on a medium heat for 7 minutes until the mussels open and release all their juices.
- Once the mussels are open (remove any that remain closed), strain them from the cooking liquid, keeping this to one side to use in the pasta sauce. Keep the mussels in their shells and set aside whilst you cook the pasta.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil to cook the pasta. Add the linguine and cook for 6 minutes until tender.
- Once cooked, strain the pasta and add to a frying pan with the remaining mussel cooking liquid. Toss over a medium heat for 1 minute.
- Next, add the pesto and the mussels to the pasta. Mix thoroughly to ensure the pasta and mussels are coated in the sauce. Season to taste and serve immediately.