- Crush the lobster heads and crab bodies with a mallet until they are well broken up.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and start to roast the lobster and crab bones, once started to roast well, add the onion, carrot and celery and cook over low heat. When the vegetables are lightly browned, add the parsley, thyme and bay leaf, stirring occasional so they don’t stick. After about 5 minutes, stir in the tomato purée and cayenne pepper. Cook out the tomato paste, then add the brandy and wine, flambé to burn off the alcohol.
- Add the fish and chicken stock and bring up to the boil. Season lightly with sea salt. Simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally and skimming off the scum. Add the cream and blend until smooth and pass through fine chinoise.
- Whip butter and mix in brandy to taste. Season and set into a dish.
- Poach lobsters, dice for garnish.
Looking to hone your skills in the kitchen? Book your space at one of our chef's masterclasses or get as a gift for the foodie in your life!