Please upgrade your browser
It appears you are using an older browser. This site will function better if you upgrade to the latest version
Smashed Avocado and Poached Eggs on Toast
Back to Top
- Start with the avocado, cut each avocado in half and remove the stone.
- Place the flesh into a bowl.
- Add zest and juice.
- Add olive oil and chopped herbs.
- Smash with fork.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- For the eggs, crack 2 eggs into a small bowl or cup.
- Fill a pan with water and bring to the boil.
- Add vinegar.
- Stir the water clockwise to create a whirlpool.
- Gently drop the eggs into the centre one at a time continuing the whirlpool.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Spoon the avocado on to toast and top with the egg.
- Drizzle olive oil or sri racha to finish.