- First, make the charred red pepper relish. Thinly slice the red onion and sweat with oil.
- Take the seeds out of the pepper and chargrill until it has a good colour.
- Scorch the cherry tomatoes until cooked and dice the pepper.
- Add the pepper and cherry tomatoes to the onions and cook down to a chutney. Set aside for dressing.
- Make the avocado topping. Peel and roughly chop the avocados.
- Smash the avocado with the lemon juice and season so it is like a rough puree, or guacamole. Mix the coriander through and set aside.
- Next make the fritter. Combine all of the fritter ingredients together and place in a hot frying pan with a knob of butter. When the bottom side turns golden brown, flip over and finish cooking on the other side.
- Turn the fritter out onto a plate and garnish with the red pepper relish, smashed avocado and a spoonful of crème fraiche.