- Place the clams in a saucepan with a glug of olive oil, the chilli, garlic, parsley stems, white wine and vegetable stock and cover with a lid. Put the pan on to a medium heat and cook until the clams begin to open.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the liquid to cool. Put the clams to one side and pass the liquid through a sieve, discarding the chilli, garlic, parsley stems etc.
- Bring the clam stock to the boil as well as a deep pan of salted water. Cook the pasta for 2 minutes in the water then drain and add to the boiling clam stock for 2 minutes.
- Add the butter to the pan along with the courgette batons, saffron, chopped herbs and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Swirl everything together then add the clams. Return the pan to the heat for 40 seconds or so to warm the clams through.
- Season with salt and a squeeze of lemon before serving.