- Pour the coffee into a shallow tray and mix in the coffee liqueur (if using hot coffee, put the tray in the freezer to chill while making the mascarpone cream, or stir in a couple of ice cubes until cool).
- Meanwhile, put the mascarpone and condensed milk into a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Put the cream in a separate bowl and beat with an electric whisk until firm peaks form. Stir in the Marsala, then fold the cream into the mascarpone mixture.
- Take 9 of the sponge fingers and soak them one at a time in the coffee for a few seconds. Break the soaked fingers in half and place 3 halves in the bottom of six serving glasses.
- Using a fine grater, grate a layer of chocolate directly over the sponge fingers. Add 2 tablespoons of the mascarpone mixture to each glass.
- Dip the remaining sponge fingers into the coffee one at a time. Break them in half and add 2 halves to each glass. Grate the rest of the chocolate over the sponge fingers, then top each glass with the remaining mascarpone mixture.
- Before serving, use a small tea strainer to dust cocoa powder over the surface.
Tips: If you have more time, put these pots into the fridge for an hour or two before serving; the flavours really come together and they will be even more delicious.
GORDON RAMSAY QUICK & DELICIOUS by Gordon Ramsay
Hodder & Stoughton 2019
Photography copyright © Louise Hagger 2019