For the vegetable stock:
- Put all the ingredients into a pan, cover with cold water.
- Bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer gently for 30-45 mins.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Pass through a fine strainer.
For the truffle emulsion:
- Cut the butter into small cubes and return to the fridge.
- Put 200gr of veg stock in a saucepan, bring to the boil.
- Add the butter gradually, beating briskly with a whisk, as soon as the butter has melted take off the heat, beat the mixture energetically.
- Add the truffle oil, parmesan and fresh truffle.
For the pasta:
- Mix the eggs together with oil.
- Put the flour and the salt into a food processor.
- Slowly add the egg mix to the flour until it forms a breadcrumb consistency.
- Turn out into a clean work surface. Knead the dough for 5/6 mins.
- Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge to rest for 2 hours.
- Cut a piece of the ball off and start to roll through the pasta machine until preferred thickness.
- Cut into the shape you require.
- Lay on a tray of semolina.
- Prepare a pan of water on the stove. Bring to the boil, season generously with salt.
- Swirl the water and place the pasta into the water.
- Blanch/cook the pasta for 2 mins and drain.
- In a separate pan gently warm the emulsion.
- Add the pasta to the emulsion, coating all of the pasta.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives.
- Shave fresh truffles on top.