- Rub together the flour, baking powder and butter.
- Mix in the sugar, sultanas, eggs (save a little to glaze the scones) and milk.
- Knead to a dough consistency.
- Roll dough out to 2cm thickness.
- Cut with rings on a floured workbench.
- Place on a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Brush with the remaining egg.
- Bake at 195c for 12 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Join us this winter at 'An Awfully British Christmas Cabin' at York & Albany. Where you can try these all-important scones plus other festive treats for yourself. Book online here.