- Preheat the oven to 190°C/Fan 170°C/Gas 5. Remove the lid and any wrappings from the Camembert. Place the cheese within its base on a baking tray and cut a few slits in the top of the cheese. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare your topping as below. When ready, the cheese should be golden on top and feel soft under the skin. Add your topping then serve hot with breads and crudités to dip.
For the garlic, honey and rosemary topping:
- Heat the oil in a small pan. Once hot, add the sliced garlic and sizzle for a few minutes until crisp and golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Remove the pan from the heat and stir the honey into the hot garlic oil.
- When ready to serve, poke a few holes in the top of the baked Camembert and sprinkle over the crispy garlic and fresh rosemary. Drizzle over the honey mixture and serve immediately.
For the candied nut topping:
- Spread the nuts out over a small baking tray and place in the oven alongside the Camembert. Roast for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drizzle over the maple syrup and sprinkle with a pinch of salt, toss together to coat the nuts fully then return to the oven for a final 2-3 minutes until sticky and glazed.
- Allow to cool slightly while the Camembert finishes cooking then scatter over the hot cheese to serve. (You could roast the nuts ahead and cool completely, store in an airtight container then lightly bash up to serve – they will stick together as they cool.)
For the olive, pepper and tomato topping:
- Before baking the Camembert, preheat the oven as above. Rub the pepper with the oil and some seasoning then bake for 15-20 minutes until completely soft and blackened all over. Transfer to a bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave to cool while you prepare the Camembert and place this in the oven to bake.
- When cool enough to handle, peel the skin off the pepper, halve and remove the seeds then cut into thin strips. Mix with the sliced olives and sundried tomatoes then scatter this over the baked cheese.
For the red onion and cranberry chutney topping:
- While the cheese is baking, add all the ingredients to a small saucepan over a medium heat. Stir together and cook gently for 10-15 minutes until everything is soft and has broken down to a jam-like consistency. Make a few holes in the top of the Camembert and spoon the warm chutney (or make ahead, seal in a sterilised jar and cool) over the top to serve.
Tips: A single small Camembert would make a great starter or cheese course for two, or for a party, try with a larger cheese or make all four for a selection of toppings.