- Preheat a griddle pan over a high heat.
- Grill the finely sliced courgettes and aubergine without oil. When soft, remove from the heat and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with some dried marjoram and oregano.
- Rub the steaks with a little olive oil and season both sides with salt.
- Grill the steaks for 4–5 minutes on each side or for longer if you prefer your steak well done. Remove from the griddle pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, toast the pine nuts in a frying pan with the butter and a pinch of salt for 3 minutes until they are nice and brown. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Mix the pine nuts with the semi-dried tomatoes, basil leaves, balsamic vinegar and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Slice the steaks and place the strips of beef on top of the grilled vegetables then dress with the tomatoes, pine nuts and basil and some freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve the tagliata with a bowl of oven-roasted potatoes with olive oil, garlic, sea salt and plenty of fresh rosemary.