- Chop the thyme and place in the blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the tomatoes) and blend until smooth.
- To prepare the heirloom tomatoes, remove the cores and then slice into random sized shapes and sizes.
- Place into seal-able bag with the marinade and leave over night.
- Place both the vinegar and the sugar into a pan and reduce by half.
- Cool before using.
- Remove the tomatoes from the fridge at least one hour before you intend to use them, so they come up to room temperature.
- Place the tomatoes on the base of the plate.
- Tear the buratta and place onto the tomatoes.
- Use some of the left over marinade to dress the buratta and then drizzle with the balsamic reduction.
- Season to taste.