Gordon's Chilli con carne:
- Coat the beef in the paprika, cayenne and cumin seeds.
- Fry off in a hot pan until golden brown.
- Remove from pan then fry off the onions, garlic and chilli.
- Add the vinegar and reduce to a glaze.
- Repeat with the red wine.
- Add the tomato puree and cook out for a couple of minutes, then add the tinned tomatoes and cook out for 5 minutes until reduced by half.
- Add the stock and beef and cook slowly for 20 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Add the chocolate and beans.
- Season with salt and pepper and the chilli is ready to serve.
To construct the chilli dog:
- Place pork hot dogs in to a tray and cover with hot chicken stock for 15 mins.
- Roast the hot dog on the Josper until the skin is crispy.
- Toast the brioche bun.
- Place hot dog in the bun and cover with a ladle of the hot chilli con carne.
- Finish with a drizzle of sour cream, sliced fresh chilli, some chopped chives and grated Monterey jack cheese.