- Break up the chocolate into a bowl.
- Add the cream and the vanilla pod to a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- When the mixture is boiling, pass the cream through a fine sieve onto the chocolate.
- Whisk the mixture until the chocolate has melted and is shiny.
- Chill the mixture in the fridge.
- When cold, roll it into small, truffle sized, balls.
- Spoon out some cocoa powder onto a plate and roll the balls in the cocoa powder, completely covering them.
- Alternatively, roll the truffles in chopped nuts, crushed cocoa nibs, icing sugar, or freeze them and dip into melted white chocolate.
- Eat immediately or store in the fridge, these make a great edible gift, too.