Scroll down for detailed instructions.
SERVES 4 (easily doubled)
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/Gas 5. Grease 4 x 220ml dariole moulds or ramekins with butter, mix together the cocoa powder and 25g of plain flour and dust the inside of the moulds, place them on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Put the butter and chocolate into a large heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water (don’t let the bottom of the bowl touch the water underneath) and leave until melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat, sift over the flour and then whisk it in.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg yolks and sugar until combined, then whisk this into the chocolate mixture, until smooth and well combined. Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared dariole moulds or ramekins, dividing equally. Bake for 9 minutes – the fondants are ready when you shake each one gently and only the middle moves a little.
- Remove from the oven, and then, using a sharp knife, gently loosen around the inside edge of each mould, if necessary.
- Carefully invert each fondant onto a serving plate, pour over the melted white chocolate and place on the red currants and mint leaves for that festive look.