- Heat your oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Remove and throw away the stones from the dates, then put the dates in a small saucepan with the honey. Bring to the boil then blitz in your blender until you have a smooth paste. Leave to cool a little while you get the rest of your ingredients ready.
- Roughly chop the pecans with a large knife (see page 14), then chop the dried apricots.
- Put the oats, pecans, apricots, sunflower seeds, coconut and chia seeds into a mixing bowl and add the date paste. Mix everything together really well.
- Line a brownie tin (approximately 23cm square) with baking paper and brush it with a little tasteless oil like vegetable oil. Pour the granola mixture on top, pressing it into the corners and making sure it is roughly flat on top.
- Put the tray into the oven for 40 minutes until lightly brown on top, then remove the tray from the oven and leave to cool completely.
- Cut into bars and try not to eat them all or you won’t have any left for your breakfast!
'When measuring things like runny honey or syrup, coat the measuring jug, bowl or spoon with a thin layer of vegetable or sunflower oil beforehand so all the sticky stuff gets into the mixture rather than left behind'.
Extracted from Matilda & The Ramsay Bunch: Tilly’s Kitchen Takeover by Tilly Ramsay
Published by Hodder & Stoughton on 4th May 2017
Pictures ©Jemma Watts