- Using a very sharp knife, dice the tenderloin.
- Mix together all of the ingredients to make the sauce in a glass bowl, season to taste.
- Add the steak to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- place a 100mm ring on each plate and transfer the tartare into the ring, pressing down to create a flat surface with the back of a spoon.
- Gently remove the ring.
For the Confit Egg Yolk
- Half fill an oven proof saucepan with olive oil.
- Crack the four eggs and separate the whites from the yolks, keeping the yolks whole.
- Transfer the egg yolks into the oil and cook at 65c for 1 hour.
For the Gherkin Gel
- Mix the gherkin brine with the agar agar until it forms a gel. Set aside for garnishing.
Garnishing the Tartare
- Place an egg yolk on top of the tartare, then garnish with a few dots of gherkin gel, nasturtium leaves, bronze fennel and gherkin slices