- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- First make the sponge. Cream butter and sugar. Add the egg.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and banana (mashed).
- Transfer into a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the temp to 150c and bake for a further hour, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the sponge.
- For the sauce, boil the sugar, butter and syrup until a dark caramel is achieved.
- Add the cream and pass through a fine sieve.
- Pour the hot sauce over the sponge and serve.
Chef’s tip: In the restaurant we serve it with banana ice cream and the hot-cold contrast is amazing!