- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Start with the rosti: Grate the potatoes and carrots into a bowl, then add the finely diced onion and garlic.
- Then, chiffonade the sprout tops, and add to the bowl along with the onion powder, garlic powder, plain flour, and salt and pepper.
- Give it all a good mix.
- Drain all the water out of the potato mix and start rolling it into balls (similar to a tennis ball size). On medium heat, add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil to a large frying pan before placing the balls gently in the pan, pressing them down slightly.
- When the edges start to brown, use a slice and flip them over, giving them the same cooking time on each side. When both sides have colour, place them on to a baking tray and into the oven for about 17 minutes.
- Now for the veggies: Put a pan of water on a high heat and bring to the boil. Peel and quarter the carrots and parsnips then peel and dice the swede. Cut the top and bottom of the butternut off and cut into 8 pieces lengthways, and remove the seeds with a spoon. Boil the carrots and butternut squash first for aprox 8 minutes, then add in the parsnips and swede and cook all together for another 5 minutes. Drain, and place in a shallow roasting tray with a drizzle of oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Roast for 20 – 30 minutes till golden and crisp.
- Pick the leaves off the sprout top and remove the stalks and cut up your broccoli into florets. Boil these both for 1 minute.
- Start your gravy: Add the vegetable stock, soy miso paste, onion and garlic powder into a sauce pan. Whisk thoroughly, bringing the pan to a boil.
- In a small bowl add 5 tbsp of cornflour, with a little bit of water to make a thick paste. Add this to your stock mix a little bit at a time, and whisking as you go, until you reach desired thickness. Remove from the heat and pass through a fine strainer to remove any lumps.
- To serve place the roast vegetables onto the plate, with your rosti on top alongside a generous helping of gravy. Enjoy!