- In a food processor, blitz half the chickpeas, turmeric, chopped red onion, garlic and lime zest.
- Add the breadcrumbs, egg and additional chickpeas to the mix and pulse until the mix is broken but still coarse.
- Next season by adding the coriander, tarragon and mint to the mix.
- Scrape the bowl and form your patty, molding the mix into an approx 130g ball then flatten.
- Chill the patty in the fridge for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan until hot, then fry your patty for approx 4 minutes on each side until golden - ensuring it does not burn.
- To serve, place into your bun and garnish with the gherkins, beef tomatoes, cheese and red onion.