- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6.
- Bring a kettle of water to the boil.
- Put the chocolate into a small heatproof bowl and place in the microwave. Heat on high for 20 seconds, then stir and return to the microwave for another 20 seconds. Repeat the heating and stirring until the chocolate has melted. Leave to cool.
- Separate the eggs into two bowls. Add half the sugar to the whites and beat with an electric whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Add the remaining sugar and the vanilla seeds to the egg yolks. Beat with the electric whisk until light and fluffy. Add the melted chocolate, ground almonds, cocoa powder and a spoonful of the egg whites and beat until well combined. Gently fold in the remaining whites, being careful not to knock out all the air.
- Divide the raspberries between four 200ml ramekins. Add a teaspoonful of liqueur to each one, then gently spoon the chocolate mixture evenly over the fruit.
- Put all four ramekins into a small roasting tray and pour in just enough boiling water to come 2.5cm up the sides. Place on the middle shelf of the oven for 12 minutes.
- When ready, serve immediately with a dusting of cocoa powder and a few extra raspberries.
Tips: These mini chocolate puddings are made with ground almonds instead of flour, meaning they are gluten-free and have a dense, moist texture that Gordon really loves. Serve with a few extra fresh raspberries and a drizzle of cream for the ultimate chocolate dessert.
GORDON RAMSAY QUICK & DELICIOUS by Gordon Ramsay
Hodder & Stoughton 2019
Photography copyright © Louise Hagger 2019