- Add the tomatoes, basil, cucumber and peppers in a large bowl then season well with salt and pepper.
- Next add the garlic, thyme and bay leaf to the mix.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and mix, squeezing out all the juices.
- Allow to marinade for 24 hours.
- Place the mix in a blender and whiz until smooth.
- Add the sherry vinegar and dash of olive oil, and season again with salt and pepper – ensure you taste and adjust as necessary.
- To serve, garnish with basil cress and enjoy!